I’m going to start out today with an item from the news. Then try to explain the context. Offer a different take on the… perspective…. A more global… political… context…. A dissenting opinion…. A dissing opinion….
Several issues here:
1. Lack of accountability and responsibility. The Liberal Progressive Socialists at their core do not wish to be held accountable or responsible. That’s the WHOLE POINT of the Political Philosophy: Escaping any responsibility. They believe Society is to blame… and no one is responsible… for anything…. So that they can do what they want without guilt. Follows from the Pleasure Principle. The Laws… don’t apply to Liberals….
2. Hypocrisy. The stunning refusal to apply accepted standards of accountability and responsibility to like minded Liberal Progressive Socialists… clearly doesn’t apply to anyone they don’t consider to be a supporter of the cause. And therefore… must be DEMONIZED!!! That was one of Saul Alinsky’s major points in his treatise on how to bring about the overthrow of Democratic Republics in order to seize power, “Rules for Radicals”. You may agree with your political opponent to a higher degree of correlation than human and ape DNA… but never mention that…. Lie about what he believes. Scream it from the rafters. If you say it long enough and loud enough… some people will certainly start to believe you…. The gullible…. YOUR constituency…. Which is actually the only group you can effectively mislead through your lies…. So… Obama and the Democrats blamed Bush… and lied… and demonized him… because… it WORKED….
3. Lack of Intellectual Honesty. Integrity. Beyond Hypocrisy. Believing your own lies…. Case in point… “Diversion of Assets” instead of embezzlement. “Undocumented Immigrant” instead of Illegal Alien. “Liberal Progressive” instead of AnarcoCommunist. The disingenuous “rebranding” and endless marketing research through focus groups to hone the cutting edge of the message to make it more acceptable…. Palatable…. Believable…. Deceptive….
Please allow me to recap what I’ve just said:
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.” Adolf Hitler
Here is an expansion of that sentiment, but approaching Fascism from the completely opposite political philosophy… AnarchoCommunism…. This was written for Community Organizers….
Saul Alinsky “Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals” pages 23-45… essentially all of the second chapter “Of Means and Ends”:
1. One’s concern with the ethics of means and ends varies inversely with one’s personal interest in the issue.
2. The judgment of the ethics of means is dependent upon the political position of those sitting in judgment.
3. In war the ends justify almost any means.
4. Judgment must be made in the context of the times in which the action occurred and not from any other chronological vantage point.
5. Concern with ethics increases with the number of means available and vice versa.
6. The less important the end to be desired, the more one can afford to engage in ethical evaluations of means.
7. Generally success or failure is a might determinant of ethics.
8. Morality of a means depends upon whether the means is being employed at a time of imminent defeat or imminent victory.
9. Any effective means is automatically judged by the opposition as being unethical.
10. You do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral garments.
11. Goals must be phrased in general terms like “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity,” “Of the Common Welfare,” “Pursuit of Happiness,” or “Bread and Peace.”
He also states: “All effective actions require the passport of morality.” A patina of morality… while acting immorally… because ends ALWAYS justify the means… in the relentless pursuit of ruthless Power over others….
Source: Alinsky’s 1971 book titled Rules for Radicals
These are the 13 Tactics to attain Power Alinsky delineates:
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat. It also means a collapse of communication, as we have noted.”
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.“
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy. If your people are not having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with tactic.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time, after which it becomes a ritualistic commitment, like going to church on Sunday.“
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. You cannot risk being trapped by the enemy in his sudden agreement with your demand and saying “You’re right – we don’t know what to do about this issue. Now you tell us.””
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that the organizer should always regard as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and “frozen.”… Obviously there is no point to tactics unless one has a target upon which to center the attacks… Furthermore, any target can always say, “Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?” When you “freeze the target,” you disregard these arguments… Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the ‘others’ come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target.”
Rules for Radicals pages 127-134. Copied from
But that’s merely a discussion of the window-dressing of Modern Liberal Progressive Socialist Political Correctness…. The patina of civility…. The facade…. The pretty face that’s presented to the public….
What is the gist…? The heart…? The soul…? The Meat…?
Where’s the BEEF???
Money. Of course. If they admitted embezzlement… they would lose money…. People wouldn’t feel they were donating to a cause they feel good supporting…. They would realize they are donating money to people who are seeking power and benefits… just like the people that the people these good people are paying to ruthlessly attack….
The donors would realize that politics is big business run for profit… and that the non-profit they had just donated their hard-earned money to was just as bad or worse than all the others…. And they were being scammed….
I overheard a discussion yesterday at church between two architects talking about the corruption involved in political donations… with the expectation of reward in government contracts…. The need to back the winners… regardless of one’s own political beliefs…. I live in New England… in the Boston area… so the discussion was essentially an insider’s view of the corruption in the Liberal Progressive Socialist Political Machine in Boston. With some discussion about the disgraced Republican Mayor of Providence Rhode Island… who wasn’t expected to win… so everyone who had already kicked in to the Democrats till had to turn right around and payola… again… to the other party….
So… that’s really what this is about….
Hiding the evidence….
And… so is this….
Where’s PETA on this one…?
Not biting the hand….
What we lose is Truth. Along with Justice. Equality. Rationality. And everything else that has made Western Society GREAT!!!
World War I and World War II conspired with the Great Depression to crush the soul of Europe. But Prosperity has crushed the soul of America. Through Liberal Progressive Socialism. Through the wanton pursuit of the Pleasure Principle by American and European “Intellectuals”. Now our “leaders” are trying to tell us that American Exceptionalism is passe… and that we should instead set our sights on the Fight for Mediocrity….
I’m sorry…. I disagree…. America… and every other nation… should ALWAYS strive to be GREAT!!!
Are China, Russia… or Iran… backing off such pursuits…? No….
Looking like losers is never positive. Unless you’re seeking sympathy. America… and everyone else… loves a winner…. And a hand out….
Projecting the image of Winners is probably a more effective and efficient strategy over the long haul than looking like patsies….